5 T melted butter 1/2 c granulated sugar
2 eggs 2/3 c sour cream
1 c flour 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 baking soda 4 ounces softened cream cheese
11/2 c powdered sugar 1 c blackberries (Marion, I used a few raspberries too)
1/2 c blue berries (I actually used peaches and all of my fruit was frozen and I made sure it was thawed with all the liquid gone)
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and 1 egg until pale and thickened. Beat in sour cream. Combine flour, baking power, and soda, then beat into butter mixture until smooth. Spread evenly in a buttered and floured 9- inch cake pan with a removable rim.(i.e. spring form pan)
2. Bake in a 350 degree oven until cake is pale golden and springs rack slightly when gently pressed, about 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, back at the castle,in bowl beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and remaining egg until smooth. Spread over cake and arrange blackberries on top. (I think the recipe forgot to tell us to add the blueberries. This is where I added peaches.) Bake until edges of topping are set and lightly browned but center still jiggles when pan is gently shaken, 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Let cake cool completely on a rack. Loosen from rim with a knife, then push out. Serve,or,if making ahead, chill airtight up to one day.
This is recipe is like a cross between a butter cake and a cheese cake with berries, it's a great summer dessert. Be sure and use fresh berries and peaches or nectarines in slices. I didn't have any fresh and like I said I used frozen. Just make sure you unfreeze the fruit removing excess water. Problems will occur if you choose to disregard this step.
ENJOY!!!
#1 This recipe sounds divine! Can't wait to try it.
ReplyDelete#2 My favorite line was, "meanwhile, back at the castle..."
#3 Look at you! You're even labeling your posts, as dessert, sidedish, etc. I am now inspired to go and do likewise.
#4 It's official. You rock the house. And I hope you're feeling better.