Friday, October 30, 2009

The Best Ever Chicken Salad

3c wild rice cooked
3c cubed turkey or chicken(I prefer chicken)
1/3 c chopped green onions ( I just used finely diced sweet onion)
1/3 c chopped celery
8 oz can sliced water chesnuts
2/3 c mayonnaise
2/3 c sour cream
1 t salt
1 t dill weed
1/2 t pepper
1 c cashews
1 c seedless grapes sliced ( any color black or red give a great look to the salad)

Combine the first 5 ingredients. Next stir the second group of five ingredients. Blend everything together and refrigerate for 2 hours; you may need to add more sour cream or mayonnaise. I don't add the nuts, I just let everyone put on their own. You can do the same with the grapes of just mix them in.

Yummy!!! As you know I am a fan of chicken salad and I have several versions that I like to make. Like at least 7 or 8, I lost track. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Booooo water chestnuts! (everything else sounds great.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made it today. I (Jared) refused the dill and grapes (too much like a Relief Society refreshment) and we both enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete