Are you in a dinner funk or don't feel like cooking? Crack open a can of tomato soup (or make up a batch of your own homemade tomato basil soup, yummm) and serve with Pioneer Woman's Favorite Sandwich. We made these the other night and they were oh so tasty.
I used fresh green chilis that I had roasted myself on the good old George Forman, then steamed in a ziplock bag and peeled off the skin (we're all familiar with that trick right?). Oh and we used sharp cheddar and swiss instead of mild cheddar and provolone and they were 100% awesome. I would wager to say you could use any number of cheese combos and this sandwich would win an award. And to top it all off I put on a couple of pieces of peppered bacon that I had in my fridge just waiting to be used. My habanero isn't very demanding about the presence of meat in his meals, he would be perfectly satisfied with a vegetarian meal every now and then, but I know not all people are that way. That's where the bacon could come in. Either way, this sandwich is muy delicioso. Thanks once again PW.
No comments:
Post a Comment