1/2 pint? (is that what comes in the little green baskets?) of cherry/grape tomatoes
1 bunch of asparagus
6-8 cloves of garlic
couple links of sweet italian sausage
1 box of whole wheat penne pasta
1 Tbsp butter
olive oil
salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Trim asparagus and and cut into 2-3 inch pieces. Peel garlic. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread tomatoes and garlic evenly over pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & cracked pepper. Roast for 3 hours.
**I roasted my asparagus along with the tomatoes, but when I make this again I will either throw the asparagus in just for the last hour of cooking or I'll blanch them so that they're still bright green and crisp tender.
Once the tomatoes are done, start cooking your pasta. Break your sausage into big chunks and cook in a saucepan until they are done and start to just crisp on the outside. Remove the sausage to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. Drain most of the excess
That's it. Super fresh. Super yummy. And super tweakable to whatever suits your fancy (substitute grilled chicken, or leave out the meat altogether. Use a different green veggie or whatever.)
No comments:
Post a Comment