Sunday, May 1, 2011

Chicken, onion, and mozzarella sandwich

This is from my Martha Stewart everyday food magazine. It's SO simple, quick and has A-mazing flavor. I was seriously in heaven eating this sandwich. The recipe feeds 4
Ingrediants:
1 T EVOO plus more for brushing
1 red onion cut in 1/2 inch rounds
Coarse salt and ground pepper
4 chicken cutlets (about 3/4lb)
4 slices of fresh mozzarella (I think the fresh mozzarella really makes this sandwich)
4 ciabatta rolls split
Baby arugula (I used spinach because I couldn't find arugula at winco)
Mayonnaise for buns

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil. Place onions on sheet and brush tops with more oil. Season with salt and pepper. (the recipe says to bake them for 30 minutes but it turned out to be too long because it made my onions crispy. Next time I make this I'll probably just bake for 20 minutes.)
Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or heavy skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until browned and cooked through, 4 minutes on each side. Top each cutlet with 1 slice of cheese, cover skillet and cook just until cheese is melted. (about 1 minute) layer cutlets on bottom halves of rolls with onion, and arugula/spinach. Spread mayo on top halves. Sandwich and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment