Monday, March 9, 2015

Mom's Chicken Chalupa

Whenever I want to make chicken chalupa, this is what happens: I look in my recipe box - not there. I check the blog - not there. I call/email mom.... halfway through this step, I have deja vu and realize I've emailed mom for this recipe before. So then I have to look through all of my many email accounts searching for the recipe. It's quite an ordeal. I finally just decided I'd put int on the blog so that I could shorten my inevitable search next time I want to make this!

Enjoy!

Chicken Chalupa

12 raw corn tortillas
4 large chicken breasts
1 pound cheese (pepper jack, orange, sharp, jack or combo or whatever you like)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2/3 can of milk
1 cup sour cream
1 small can diced green chilies
1/2 cup diced cooked onion

Grill the chicken or cook however you like.  Shred it or cut it into chunks.  Grate the cheese.  Blend the last 6 ingredients in a pot on the stove until they are well combined.  Break the tortillas into large pieces.  Layer the casserole.  Start with a 9 by 13 inch pan.  Grease it lightly.  Layer 1/2 of the tortillas, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 the soup and then top with 1/2 the cheese.  Repeat the layers.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30- 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment