Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Betty Crockers sugar cookies

1&1/2 cup powder sugar
1 cup softened butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 large egg
1 tsp baking soda
2&1/2 cups flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
Granulated sugar to sprinkle on top (if you're not planning on frosting)

Mix powder sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract, and egg

Stir in remaining ingredients except for the granulated sugar. Make sure you mix the ingredients until it's not crumbly anymore.

Technically you should refrigerate your dough for at least 2 hours but, let's be honest, I can never wait that long. They still turn out fine.

Preheat oven to 375

Roll out cookies to 1/4 inch thick and sprinkle with granulated sugar. (usually I like to just roll them into a ball, place them on the cookie sheet, then flatten them a bit. I like them real thick with an equal frosting to cookie ratio.

Bake for 7-8 minutes or until edges are light brown. (I actually like mine a little under done when they're rolled out and actually cut, but when I just roll them into a ball and flatten them 7 minutes seems to be just fine)

And for the delicious buttercream frosting:
1 cup of softened butter
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups of powder sugar
Mix and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment